SELECTED MEDIA REPORTS
- An article in Science on Yao’s NSF CAREER Award. Why? Read on.
Malware and search engines: Lamar Smith goes far afield in his latest hit list of NSF grants.
Written by Jeffrey Mervis. Feb., 2015.
- Slashdot, UK’s Register, Linux.com and Helpnet Security on our Java secure coding research. Oct. 2017. (Our ICSE ’18 work)
- New Scientist, ACM Technews, International Business Times on Android malware collusion work (in ASIACCS ’17). Apr. 2017.
- Virginia Tech researchers receive National Science Foundation grant to keep rogue forces at bay in high-performance computing. Dec. 2016.
NSF Variability Project
- Featured news in Communications of ACM on program anomaly detection. Jan. 2016.
Communications of ACM
- HPC Wire, Government Security News on detecting stealth attacks with program anomaly detection. Oct. 2015.
HPC Wire, Government Security News
- Computer World, TMC Net, IT Weekly Newsletter on causality-based insider threat detection. Oct. 2014.
Computer World, TMC Net
- Data-leak detection research highlight by Software Security Engineering Research Center (S2ERC), a NSF I/UCRC. Aug. 2014.
- NSF, HPC Wire, Examiner, Federal Computer Week on network traffic causality reasoning for detecting stealthy malware activities. Jun. 2014.
NSF, HPC Wire, Federal Computing
- Phys.org, and Supercomputing Online on quantitative anomaly detection and award-winning network traffic analysis work. Mar. 2013.
- International Business Times, Homeland Security News Wires, PHYSORG (United Kingdom) on our award-winning keystroke dynamic security work. Nov. 2010.
- NSF news and ACM Technews on our activity-based authentication. Nov. 2009.
NSF, ACM Technews